EE 379K - Multidisciplinary Senior Design Project Lab
semester: Fall 2004
TA: Anderson Mills
my site: http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~nodog/
my class site: http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~nodog/ee379k/ee379k.html
class site: http://courses.utexas.edu/bin/common/course.pl?course_id=_94374_1&frame=top
office: ENS 630
office hours: Thu: 1:30p-3:30p and by appt.
lab hours: Mon & Wed
- 08:30--09:00 - Combustion Valve
- 10:00--10:30 - Ball on Beam
- 14:30--15:00 - Thermal Insulation Test Vessel
- 15:00--15:30 - Heartbeater
Remember that the audience for your lab notebooks is not just yourself.
You are expected to keep a notebook with enough documentation that someone
having the same expertise you had when you started could come along behind
you and repeat your work.
Here is what we expect to find in your lab notebooks:
- proof that you made entries in real time
- ink only (never erase, strike through neatly)
- a current table of contents
- anything patentable must be witnessed and dated
- any external material must be attached in a neat and permanent fashion
- a caption for every figure and plot
- sufficient explanatory prose around data, graphs, figures, and sourcecode
- TODO lists
- documentation of sources
- a project description
- documentation of meetings - the when and what
This page last updated on 2007-04-01.